I had a few old board games and I recently heard about making a box out of the boards so I dug them out and gave it a try. Candy Land was my trial run because I wanted the Addam's Family one to be good!
I measured appx 3 inches in all around and cut out the areas I didn't need.
I scored the other lines, where I would need it to bend at a 90 degree angle. Than I tore layers of the card board backing off so it would be thin when I folded the sides up.
To add strength and prettiness I covered the sides with duct tape.
And than taped the sides together and
We have a box! I will add a clasp to the front so it can lock shut.
Now that I "mastered" Candy Land I can work on the box I really wanted, the Addam's Family!
This was an easy and fun project. Next I will try an Ouji board box!
I have been itching to paint something and I decided to repaint my old hand me down desk. It was scratched up wood originally so I revamped it with a fun purple and off white.
I get to excited that I forget to take the before pictures! But here are the after.
Also over the weekend I got a basic white 3 draw dresser for free and decided to give that a make over too!
I actually used black and white zebra wrapping paper and painted the knobs pastel pink.
and to go with it I made a framed jewelry display from a old picture frame and screen.
This was my last big project and I have before and after pictures!